Thursday, December 21, 2017

Prolapse Repair Day Two

I have to stay on top of my meds. If I don't, the pain is bad! The pain is pretty bad as it is, but I don't want to know what it's like without the meds. I have Tramadol and Ibuprofen 600mg. I'm sure it's helping, but it doesn't feel like it's touching the pain. Right now, it kind of feels like when you have a baby and tear, and they stitch you up TIMES 100!!!!!!!! Pain. Pressure. Ouch!

Besides the meds, I'm using perineum ice packs. I found some on Amazon. They don't stay cold as long as I'd like, but they are put in a warm place so that's to be expected. They really help. I'm very, very sleepy. Not sure if that's the surgery, after effects of the anesthesia, or the pain pills. I keep dozing off. My mouth is dry and I got dizzy once today - think those are both side effects of Tramadol. I use the peri bottle to help me pee when I don't get a lot out the normal way.

I do laps around the inside of the house. 4-5 of them. Then back to bed. I try to get up to do my own stuff. Get an ice pack, or drink. Something that keeps me up and walking.

Oh! I noticed they shaved me down there, like half of it. Weird. I trimmed the other half because it just looked strange. Still does, but whatever.

I had a sandwich for lunch and a small piece of chicken parm and spaghetti for dinner.

I ventured a peek down there... bruising, no redness, no signs of infection. Not ugly. I didn't look long.

I took a couple Arnica pills, hoping they'll help. Got a new ice pack and heading to sleepy land now.

No comments:

Post a Comment