Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Continuing Stomach Saga

My nausea has yet to let up. It's annoying. It's mainly a night thing. Around 1 or 2 in the morning, I get nauseous or I feel like I've been punched in the gut. It's not a nice feeling. I decided to try 2 things. Stop eating after 8pm and take a reflux medication. I chose Zantac because that's what the OB gave me when I was pregnant with #4.

Both things seem to help, but I hate it. I'm a night owl and not eating after 8pm sucks. I like to snack at 10. And taking any kind of medication is just not my thing. I don't like taking anything. But, it does help the nausea.

I went back to see the gastro doctor, who doesn't really seem to know what's going on and just like I thought, he wants to run more tests. He suggested 3: an ultrasound of my gallbladder, an endoscopy, and a pillcam! How fun! I can handle the ultrasound, the endoscopy shouldn't be TOO bad, but the pillcam requires drinking something yucky and swallowing a BIG - well - camera in a pill. I gag easily, not sure how this will be.

I'm just afraid that after going through all these tests and spending all kinds of money on co-pays, there still won't be any answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment