Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Trip to the Cardiologist

Another day, another doctor. Not for me this time, but for my 3 year old, Nanoo. There are a lot of heart problems in my family and it was recommended that all of my girls be checked for heart problems when they are 2 or 3.

I put it off for a while, but after seeing the area between her top lip and nose turn blue a few times, I decided it was time to see the doctor. They did an echo, an EKG, an x-ray, and an exam and thankfully it was almost all normal. The only thing abnormal is her pulmonary valve, it's 1/10th of a mm enlarged. The doctor wasn't worried about it, but did say they'd keep an eye on it.

No evidence of ASDs or hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - so that was good news. She did say that she wants all of the girls to be seen every few years and that I should continue to be seen as well. She was impressed by my family history and mentioned something about having research done on our family. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment