Thursday, January 31, 2013

Follow Up

My son had his follow up last week. The doctor saw him for a whole two minutes - if that. We were concerned about the underneath of his penis. It still looks bunched up. And it points to the side a little. The doctor looked and said it was fine. He said it takes a long time to heal, that the swelling would take a while to go away, and that it would get better with time.

Didn't look swollen to me. Looks just wrong.

He wasn't concerned about what way it was pointing. He said it should be fine.

He said to come back in six months for the next follow up.

I'll trust him for now. But if it doesn't heal...he's going to hear from me.

I still feel horrible for the little guy. My husband believes we did the right thing. I'm still kicking myself. I never should have put him through that. I should have waited and let him decide when he's older. I can only hope it heals good and he'll forgive me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I'm going through a similar situation with my son. We haven't decided on surgery yet. I'm interested in hearing more about your experience with this. Is there any way I can reach you or do you have more follow ups posted? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just saw the doctor again yesterday. I will work on doing another post, but if you want to email me, that's fine: taliajager (at) att (dot) net
      Thanks :)

      Delete