Friday, March 1, 2013

Insanity

Yup, we're doing it. LOL! First off I must disclose a few things. I'm in my upper 30s. I'm not overweight, not even a little. But after having six kids, I do have a couple inches of flab hanging out in my belly that needs to go away. In pictures I have "rolls" I don't like. I can't wear tight shirts and bathing suits - just blah. My husband is overweight and both of us were wanting to do something. We want to look good in pictures on our vacation this year. And we both want to be healthier, have more energy, and so on.

The next thing I have to disclose is that I don't plan on changing what I eat. I'm a picky eater and don't touch leafy looking food or fruits. I do drink lots of water. I eat steak and potatoes. Cheeseburgers. Pasta. Chicken. And lots of chocolate. I'm not a huge soda drinker and when I do drink it, it's orange soda. I don't drink coffee. Neither my husband nor I smoke or drink alcohol.

We started off with an Intro week Insanity DVD. I don't think I would have gotten through half of the first regular DVD without the intro week. It was less than 30 minutes, but a good workout. I was sore day 2 and 3, but then it evened out and got a little easier.

Monday we started the regular DVDs. First one was a Fit Test. We took our pictures and wrote down our pathetic numbers. The second day was a good workout, the third seemed to be more focused on arms and OMG the next day my arms were like jello. Holding my 11 month old was very difficult. Thursday was an easier day, no cardio, but the exercises were still good. Today, Friday, was pure cardio. WOW! Definitely insane!

I am tired. My body aches. I don't feel more energetic. I'm not sure if I've lost anything because I refuse to check until at least Sunday. But I plan to push on and hope that it does do something for me. I like the instructor, Shawn T. He doesn't yell at you. He is encouraging. At least so far.

I'm hoping to post updates and reviews here to keep me motivated and hold me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment