Thursday, December 28, 2017

Recovery From Pelvic Floor Surgery - 9 Days

It hasn't been easy. Hasn't been horrible either. I've read horror stories online and am extremely glad I'm not one of the small percentage of people who have enormous pain or problems after surgery. I had my second BM since surgery on Wednesday, 2 days after the last BM. This time though, I just sat on the toilet and soft snake-like poop came out. I sat there about an hour. Every 10 minutes or so, I'd go again. And then the last 2-3 times were more like diarrhea. The nice thing was the ease of going. No straining. I did then have some more diarrhea later in the day and right now my tummy is making so loud noises. I'm still taking 2 stool softeners every day and 1 dose of Miralax mixed in my OJ. We'll see what happens.

Pain wise - not too bad. I had some sort of ovulation cramp - which is weird since I think I just had my period (hard to tell with all the bleeding from surgery). The cramp came out of nowhere, was one sided, and intense. I immediately took pain meds and got a hot pack on it. The pressure made my perineum hurt, so I got an ice pack down there. Weird day.

There is one part down there that looks white-ish. I'm a little concerned that it's not healing right or I popped a stitch or something. It's hard and bleeds when I touch it. Sitting is still difficult. So I lay around a lot. Walk some. My energy is okay. But, today was my anniversary and I didn't want to go out. With he diarrhea and the uncertainty and the not wanting to sit down for long, I thought it was better to wait. Thankfully hubby is understanding.

I'd hard to remember not to bed over and squat down. Nothing hurts when I do. I just have to be very careful and try and let other people do it. It's hard with the kids. They're rambunctious and I'm afraid they're going to hurt me.

Sleeping has been hard too, so back to Klonopin or some sleeping pill to keep me from tossing and turning all night. The weighted blanket has been a good help too.

My follow up with my doctor is next Tuesday. I will update before then if anything changes or is new or I'll update then. Please comment if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment