Thursday, May 13, 2010

Peaceful Moments

I'm sitting on my bed - Indian style - with Bells on my lap, she's sleeping. I sit back against my pillows and just watch her. Her face twitches a little, she smiles and then her mouth forms this perfect little o. Tears spring to my eyes as I etch this moment into my heart. I do not want to forget this.

As I watch, her body jumps and she opens her eyes. For a split second, she looks like she might cry. But, then she catches my eye and her body relaxes. Then ever so slowly, so gracefully, her eyes close... and open - to check, to make sure that I'm right there - and then close again.

1 comment:

  1. Those are the moments that are so precious, I LOVE to watch them sleep. She knows her mommy is watching over her, Precious Moments that are always treasured..

    ReplyDelete