Sunday, August 22, 2010

Parents' Choice Baby Food

I have to write this review because I think it's important. Last week was the first time I bought Parents' Choice baby food. I only bought one package which contained two small bowls of oatmeal and fruit. It was labeled a 2 for stage 2 type baby food.

Now, it's been a couple years since I have had to buy baby food and I was just trying a few new things out. I didn't realize there were pieces in this particular baby food. Bells is 7 months old and has done well on Stage 1 foods and had been doing well on Stage 2 foods (Gerber and Beech Nut). I never imagined that she would gag, choke, and throw up on this stuff!! The thickness of the baby food seemed fine, it was the little pieces in it that I think we're getting stuck in the back of her throat and making her have problems.

The first time I gave this to her, she threw it all up. It was very scary to watch her vomiting this junk and then heartbreaking when she started crying.

Stupidly, I forgot that I had put the second bowl in my diaper bag and when we went to lunch today, it was the only food I had brought. I tried very carefully to spoon out the pieces and only give her small spoonfuls, but I missed a piece and she did it again. I left the food there and threw the other one out (I had placed it in the refrigerator) when we got home.

Maybe I didn't read the package right, it's not around anymore so I can't look at it again. It's my fault for assuming that Wal-Mart brand stuff was in the same league as Gerber or Beech-Nut. My bad... won't happen again.

1 comment:

  1. Aww poor Bells, I always used Gerber or Beech-Nut just cause I was familiar with it. Stick with what you know..lol!

    ReplyDelete