Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time to Vent

What is with people these days? Where did all of our common courtesy go? How did we turn into such rude people? I just don't understand.

I have had a few things happen this week that just makes me go "what the crap?"

First, there were a couple people interested in the puppies. A few emails passed, a phone call and then nothing. No "sorry we're not interested" or "found another dog somewhere else" or "too much money". Just nothing. I even sent follow up emails.

The second thing was when I responded to a post on a neighborhood email group. A mom was in need of a babysitter for her infant daughter. Not having an infant in my child care for a while, I looked into the prices around town. They were fairly high! So, I priced mine cheaper. This mom and I emailed back and forth for two days. She asked for the price and I told her and I have not heard from her since. Absolutely nothing. Again. No "wow, that's more than I expected, let me think about it" or "I am going to keep looking" or "no, thanks". NOTHING. The nail in the coffin? Her friend who first posted the email that she was looking for a babysitter posted it on another group tonight, begging for someone to help her out. She doesn't realize I'm on both groups. So, now I know for sure she doesn't want me and wasn't just unable to respond. She says she's a sweet lady... well, obviously NOT a polite one.

I don't get it. Why isn't anybody polite anymore?

Think about this, readers, the next time you don't want to respond to someone. Ask yourselves is this the way you would want to be treated? The next time someone gives you a price to high, tell them that. Or if you find a different puppy and aren't interested anymore, tell them. It's the polite thing to do. It's the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment